Keyboard shortcuts for YouTube™
Keyboard shortcuts when the video player has the focus
Note: Enhancer for YouTube™ can automatically give the focus back to the video player when some actions are executed (Options > Miscellaneous), but you can also give the focus to the video player without pausing the video by clicking an empty space below the progress bar between the left and right controls.
- Spacebar: Toggle Play/Pause.
- ↑ and ↓: Increase and decrease volume by 5%.
- ← and →: Seek backward/forward 5 seconds.
- j: Seek backward 10 seconds.
- l: Seek forward 10 seconds.
- ,: Seek backward 1 frame when the video is paused.
- . (; on AZERTY keyboard): Seek forward 1 frame when the video is paused.
- 0 to 9 (& to à on AZERTY keyboard): Seek to a specific point in the video (4 advances to 40% of duration, 5 to 50%, etc...).
- ↖: Seek to the beginning of the video.
- End: Seek to the end of the video.
- Shift + ,: Decrease playback speed.
- Shift + . (Shift + ; on AZERTY keyboard): Increase playback speed.
- Shift + n: Move to the next video. When watching a playlist it will load the next video in the playlist, otherwise it will load the next suggested video.
- Shift + p: Move to the previous video (playlist only).
Subtitles and closed captions
- c: Toggle On/Off subtitles/closed captions if available.
- + or =: Increase subtitles/closed captions size.
- -: Decrease subtitles/closed captions size (shortcut not available on AZERTY keyboard).
- o: Rotate through different text opacity levels.
- w: Rotate through different window opacity levels.
- w: Pan up.
- s: Pan down.
- a: Pan left.
- d: Pan right.
- ] (+ on numpad on AZERTY keyboard): Zoom in.
- [ (- on numpad on AZERTY keyboard): Zoom out.
Global keyboard shortcuts
These keyboard shortcuts can be used when the video player either has or doesn't have the focus, but they are inactive when you are typing some text.
- / (: on AZERTY keyboard): Go to search box.
- k: Toggle Play/Pause.
- m: Toggle Mute/Unmute.
- f: Toggle full screen mode.
- t: Toggle theater mode.
- i: Toggle miniplayer mode.
- Escape: Exit full screen mode, close miniplayer, close dialogs.
Controlling the video player with the Tab key
When the video player has the focus press Tab or Shift + Tab to navigate forward or backward throughout the different controls, and press Spacebar or Enter to use the control that is selected. The ↑ ↓ ← → keys can also be used to navigate in the settings menu but using Tab or Shift + Tab gives you more control. Press Escape to close the settings menu.